Organic Social Media
Paid Social Media
Email Best Practices
Using email as a part of a broad-based, omni channel approach is a best practice. Email is not considered an effective stand-alone tactic, and should be used as a supplement to inbound – not as a primary method. The concept of “they ask,we answer” is far more palatable than, “hey, read this”.
- Don’t purchase contact lists.
- Avoid using ‘No-Reply’ in the sender’s email address.
- Stick to fewer than three typefaces.
- Optimize the email’s preview text.
- Include an email signature.
- Clean your mailing list regularly.
- Keep the main message and call-to-action above the fold.
- Personalize the email greeting.
- Keep your email 500-650 pixels wide.
- A/B test different subject lines and calls to action.
- Put your logo in the upper lefthand side of the email.
- Use incentives to increase open rates.
- Allow recipients to subscribe to your newsletter.
- Write compelling (but concise) subject lines.
- Use auto-responders for opt-ins.
- Closely tie emails to landing pages.
- Conduct a five-second test.
Courtesy: Jamie Turner